Summertime Field Trips
Growing things, farm animals, pizza garden, and more!
June 14 – August 31, 2023
Tuesday through Friday | 9am – 2pm
Students $7 each. Chaperones $7 each. Teachers and aides are free.
Note: We recommend a minimum of one chaperone per 3-4 students and a maximum of one chaperone to one student.
Please do not bring siblings.
Your Field Trip includes:
Depending on the students’ age, we offer farm learning units on the following subjects. Not all are available in one field trip. Teachers should choose up to four labs.
- Planting seeds for Mr. McGregor’s Garden (students take this home)
- Transplanting baby plants
- Learning how Farmer Gary takes care of the farm animals
- Making more plants: Dividing and taking cuttings
- Pizza gardening!
- Web of Life (not recommended for pre-school or kindergarten)
And there’s more!
Also included on all field trips is a ride on our historic Virginia Carousel.
The class will choose plants to take back to school for a school garden or other projects.
Students will have free time to play as schedule allows. Our Barnyard Playground area will be available, plus the underground slide, farm animals, and more.
Please note that not all of the farm activities are available all seasons.
Good to know …
Summer field trips are all about enjoying the farm and all it’s activities. Our staff will be glad to provide educational time specific to your age group – just ask in the comments of your reservation form! The Country Store is open during the summer for snacks, drinks, and purchases. Groups visiting are encouraged to bring extra water for students.
Attention Parents & Teachers!
- Preschoolers are encouraged to schedule earlier in the season when the weather may be warmer.
- Some attractions and activities that are offered at the farm on weekends may not be open or available on weekdays.
- Please note our special page of information for parents of students who are attending seasonal field trips at the farm.
- Teachers: Get more detailed information on planning your field trips with links below. Also, we offer a Classroom in the Corn program in Teacher Resources.