Your Field Trip options:
Depending on the age of your students, we offer farm learning labs on the following subjects
- Honey bees
- Pig races (as time allows)
- All about pumpkins
- Have you had your corn today?
- Farm animal care
- Ride on our historic Virginia Carousel
- Ride to the pumpkin patch for students to pick a pumpkin
- Free time to plan on slide and barnyard area.
Our expanded learning labs are all under cover in our greenhouse on the farm. This area is for kindergarten and older students who visit. We have an AgMAZEing Barn and two very short learning labs about pumpkins and animals for preschool and day care groups.
Each student will receive one pumpkin to take home. Pumpkins are not included in the admission price for chaperones. Chaperones may purchase pumpkins at the general store.
Hours + Dates
September 14 – October 31, 2020 Tuesday through Friday 9am-2pm
Field Trip Fees
Students $5 each. Chaperones are $5 per person. Teachers and aides are free.
*We recommend a minimum of one chaperone per 3-4 students and a maximum of one chaperone to one student. Please don’t bring siblings.
A Corny Option!
The cornfield maze is an optional activity on the farm for field trips. Conquering the maze can take from 20 minutes to an hour. We usually open the maze for classes who wish to participate after lunch. Under NO circumstances should anyone enter the maze without staff present.
Attention: Parents and Teachers!
- Preschoolers are encouraged to schedule earlier in the season (September through the first week in October) when the weather is warmer.
- Some attractions and activities that are offered on weekends may not be open or available on weekdays.
- Just for Parents: We have a special page of information for parents of students who are attending seasonal field trips at Back Home-on the Farm.
- Teacher Instructions: Detailed information on how to plan your field trips is available. We also offer a Classroom in the Corn program on our Teaching Resources page.