Book Fall Field Trips: Dates Here
Scheduled Weekdays 9am-5pm
Field trip dates: September 12 – October 28, 2017
Fall is a beautiful time on the farm! When the temperature dips and leaves began to turn colors, the fall harvest season begins. It’s time for the cornfield maze, the pumpkins patch and more.
While our focus is preschool to first grade, we can host learning adventures for any classroom level. Possibilities include:
- Custom presentations to older grades on mapping skills
- Agritourism presentation to FFA classes
Fall Field Trip Fees:
Students $5 — Chaperones $5 — Teachers and aides are free
We recommend at least one chaperone per 3-4 students and no more than 1 chaperone per student. Please, siblings not allowed!
Depending on the age of your students, we offer farm learning labs on the following subjects
- Plants – what’s on your plate?
- Pig races (as time allows)
- All about pumpkins
- Have you had your corn today?
- Farm animal care
Also included on all field trips is a ride on our historic Virginia Carousel. The class will take a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch; each student will receive one pumpkin to take home.
Lunch and play time
Students will have free time to play as schedule allows. Our Barnyard play area will be available (see attractions), plus the Underground Slide, farm animals, and more. About 3 hours is included for field trips, including time for lunch, snacks and free time. You may bring picnic lunches to enjoy at the farm.
An aMAZEing fall field trip option!
The cornfield maze is an optional activity on the farm for field trips. Conquering the maze can take from 20 minutes to an hour. We usually open the maze for classes who wish to participate after lunch. Under NO circumstances should anyone enter the maze without staff present.
- Preschoolers are encouraged to schedule earlier in the season (September through the first week in October) when the weather is warmer.
- Some attractions and activities that are offered on weekends may not be open or available on weekdays.
- Just for Parents: We have a special page of information for parents of students who are attending seasonal field trips at Back Home-on the Farm. [Download now]
- Teacher Instructions: Detailed information on how to plan your field trips are available to download and print for easy reference. [Download now]